What Not to Overlook on a Final Walk-Through
Most importantly, make sure the repairs you've requested have been made.
Depending on the terms of your contract and how possession is taking place...Be sure that:
- Repairs you've requested have been made. Obtain copies of paid bills and any related warranties.
- All items that were included in the sale price-draperies, lighting fixtures-are still there.
- Screens and storm windows are in place or stored.
- All appliances are operating (AND are the same appliances as originally seen).
- Intercom, doorbell, and alarm are operational (If they were at the showing).
- Hot water heater is working.
- HVAC is working.
- No plants or shrubs have been removed from the yard.
- Garage door opener and other remotes are available at possession.
- Instruction books and warranties on appliances and fixtures are available at the home or at closing.
- All personal items of the sellers and all debris have been removed.